For the foreign students, the Oyama Foreign Languages School offers private classes, from basic to advanced Portuguese language level.
On top of us adopting didactic books to teaching Portuguese as a foreign language, we use elaborated pedagogic material, which is continuously revised and updated by our team.
Our faculty is composed by specialized teachers from many regions of Brazil, which favors the direct contact with the multiculturalism in of our country.
The classes are administered according to the student's necessity and vary according to the individual objectives established by the student (business, entertainment, exchange programs, tourism, among others).
Our course contemplates direct interaction of the foreigner with the Brazilian culture, with emphasis in the conversation and socio-cultural activities. It is substantiated in the Class-Laboratory Method, in other words, the teacher and the student perform together daily activities, such as: go to the bank, go shopping, go to the coffee shop, restaurant, real state agency, among others.
Watch the video about our Portuguese Course:
Classes and Times
|Day of the week*||Times*|
|Monday to Saturday||7h30 to 9h; 9h to 11h; 11h10 to 13h10; 14h10 to 16h10; 16h20 to 18h20; 18h30 to 20h30.|
* Flexible times: the student will be able to compose the days of class according to what is convenient to them.
* The student has the right to replace the classes they missed.
* The classes are administered in the school, at home or workplace.
- Conversational Course: practical classes to address specific areas of interest.
- Courses during holidays and vacations: even before holidays, such as Christmas and New Year, we offer classes on the days and times chosen by the student.
- Courses in company: the teachers relocate to the student's workplace.
- Assistance with the adaptation process: apartment search, help with the real state agencies, search of school for the kids, keeping company during doctor appointments, help with clubs' affiliations.
- Laboratory classes: According to the student's necessity, practical classes in places such as banks and shops, accompanied by the teacher and with previous simulation in class.
- Discovering Curitiba Project: local history class, accompanied by a visit to the historic place of reference.
- Assistance with documents attainment: RNE (Foreigner's Registration), CPF, Work Permit (Carteira de Trabalho), Driver's License (Carteira de Habilitação) and Student's Card (Carteirinha de Estudante).
- Technical Visits: visits to municipal agencies and companies.
- Tandem Program: direct programmed interaction with the Brazilian students that are learning Japanese, with the intent of practicing conversation and intercultural exchange.
- Celpebras Training (Portuguese language proficiency exam).
- Training to obtain the Driver's License (Carteira de Habilitação.)
- Homestay Program: The school provides family homes where the student can stay, participating in social events, trips, and mainly participating in the routine of a typical Brazilian - an effective cultural immersion.
- Doing and Learning: forwarding students to sports, art or crafts classes.
- Alps do Brasil
- Brasil Kirin
- Denso do Brasil
- Hamaya do Brasil
- Mitsui do Brasil
- Miura Boiler
- Nissan do Brasil
- SNR Rolamentos do Brasil
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Sumitomo Rubber
- Tokio Marine